好文档 - 专业文书写作范文服务资料分享网站

英语流行口语对话:Compromise妥协

天下 分享 时间: 加入收藏 我要投稿 点赞

  随着全球经济的快速发展以及到了21世纪以后英语的广泛使用,可以看出英语的重要性,那么关于妥协该如何去表达呢?以下是小编给大家整理的英语流行口语对话:Compromise妥协,希望可以帮到大家

  ...get on the bandwagon.

  随大溜。(较随便)

  A:What're you supposed to do now?

  你现在该怎么办呢?

  B:The only thing for me to do is to get on the bandwagon.

  我只能随大溜。

  A:It can be taken as a way.

  这倒是个办法。

  ...swim with the tide.

  随大溜。(较随便)

  A:What did he do with the boss's decision?

  他对老板的决定采取了什么态度?

  B:He wouldn't disagree;he's learned to swim with the tide.

  他不反对,他已学会了随大溜.

  A:Everybody has to do that in this society.

  在这个社会里,每个人都得那么做.

  You'd better water down yur demand .

  你最好降低一下要求.(较随便)

  A:You'd better water down your demand.

  你最好降低一下要求.

  B:Why?

  为什么呢?

  A:Or the boss will turn then down at once.

  因为如不这样,老板会立即把他们驳回.

  Let's meet each other half way.

  咱们各让一半.(通用)

  A:Don't argue any more.Let's meet each other half way,OK?

  别争了,咱们各让一半吧,好不好?

  B:All right .It's good for you to say so.

  好的,你能这么说太好了.

  Only in this way can we close the deal.

  只有这样才能成交.

  ...make the best out of a hard bargain.

  ......尽力而为.(通用)

  A:Things are becoming so difficult.

  事情越来越困难了。

  B:So I hope everyone of us will make the best out of a hard bargain.

  因此我希望大家都能尽力而为。

  A:Yes,indeed.

  对,确实是这样。

  I don't mind one way or the other.

  我无所谓,怎么都行.(通用)

  A:Do you want the eggs overcooked or underdone?

  你的煎鸡蛋要老一点还是嫩一点?

  B:I don't mind one way or the other.

  我无所谓,怎么都行.

  A:I know.

  我知道了。

  ...figure out a way to ...

  ......想个办法。......(通用)

  A:We must figure out a way to settle the dispute.

  我们想个办法解决这个争端。

  B:Yes,a way has to be found.

  对,必须想个办法.

  A:But it's not easy.

  但并不容易.

  ...give in on both sides.

  ......相互让步.(通用)

  A:How on earth will they end the strike?

  到底怎样才能结束罢工呢?

  B:They'll have to give in on both sides,I think.

  我认为双方必须相互让步。

  A:But neither of them wants to do so.

  但他们谁也不肯这样。

  B:Then the strike will last for ever.

  那么这场罢工会永远持续下去的。

  ...play along with one's ideas for the time being.

  暂时参与......的计划.(通用)

  A:Are you in favor of his plan?

  你们赞成他的计划吗?

  B:Not really.But we've finally decided to play along with his ideas for the time being

  并不赞成,我最终决定暂时参与他的计划。

  A:What do you mean by that?

  你那样说是什么意思?

  B:We agreed with him temporarily.

  我们只是暂时同意他的意见。

  There's no room for compromise.

  没有妥协的余地。(通用)

  A:I think we'd better reach a compromise.

  我认为我们最好相互让步。

  B:Unfortunately,I don't think there's room for compromise in this matter.

  但遗憾的是,我认为在这件事上没有妥协的余地。

  A:It seems we'll never reach any agreement.

  看来我们永远也不会达成协议了。

  When in Rome,do as the Romans do.

  入乡随俗.(通用)

  A:We shouldn't dress very formally in the country.

  我们在乡下不应该空得太正式。

  B:Yeah,we should be casual when we stay with country people.

  是啊,和乡下人在一起我们随便一些。

  A:When in Rome,do as the Romans do.

  入乡随俗嘛。

  ...work out a compromise.

  制定妥协方案。(通用)

  A:Did you finally work out a compromise?

  你们最后制定出妥协方案了吗?

  B:No,we couldn't.

  没有。

  A:Why?

  为什么?

  B:They wouln't give in neither would we.

  他们不让步,我们也不愿让步。

  ...need a give-and-take attitude.

  ......需采取互谅互让的态度。

  A:I find it hard to get on with my colleagues.

  我发现和同事相处很难。

  B:You need a give-and-take attitude to get along in this firm.

  要想在这个公司和同事处好,你需采取谅互让的态度.

  A:Thank you for your advice.

  谢谢你的忠告。

  ...make mutual concessions.

  ......双方让步。(较正式)

  A:If we want to reach an agreement,we should make mutual concessions.

  如果我们想达成协议的话,必须双方让步。

  B:You said it.As long as we do it,we'll achieve an agreement.

  你说到点子上了,只要我们能这样做,会达成协议的.

  A:That's right.

  是这样的.

  ...settle...amicably.

  ......和解。(较正式)

  A:What's the result of the dispute between the two parties?

  两党史争端的结局怎么样了?

  B:They finally selled it amicably.

  他们最终和解了。

  A:Tt's the same as I had expected.

  和我预料的一样。

  ...split the difference.

  采取折中的方法.(较正式)

  A:Your price is a bit too high.

  你的价格有点太高了。

  B:We have to split the difference.

  我们双方都得让一点了.

  A:That's the thing to do.

  应该这样。

  ...take a hard line.

  ......采取强硬态度。(较正式)

  A:Will our boss agree to change the plan?

  老板会改变计划吗?

  B:No,he still takes a hard line.He has ordered us to finish our work according to schedule.He'll never change it

  不,他态度强硬.他命令我们按期完成任务就没有改变的余地.

  A:He's really marble-hearted.

  真是铁石心肠啊!

  ...fall into line...

  ......同意 ......。(较正式)

  A:Do you follow his decision all the time?

  你们总是听从他的决定吗?

  B:Yes.When he announces a plan,all of us fall into line.

  是的。他宣布的计划,我们都同意。

  A:You never reject his ideas? B:Never.He's the boss,you know.

  你们从来不拒绝吗?从来不拒绝.他是老板呀.

  ...back down on

  在......上作出让步.(较正式)

  A:I finally backed down on my plan.

  我的计划最终作出让步.

  B:I thought you would stick to it.

  我本以为你会一直坚持下去.

  A:I couldn't,simply because so many people have opposite opinions.

  那么多人持反对意见,我根本不能坚持.

221381
领取福利

微信扫码领取福利

微信扫码分享